All of that being said, I can't seem to avoid the theme and have been working on bettering myself recently and thought I'd share with you what I've been doing to improve myself (yes, I realize I'm a huge hypocrite but since I've been doing these for a few weeks, it doesn't truly count).
In no particular order
- Meditating or taking a beat to breathe when I feel ready to snap at someone or when something beyond my control is annoying me.
- Relinquishing control. Hoo hoo, this is a tough one but I have to learn when things are beyond my control and when to just let go.
- Yoga. I never knew how much yoga coulda make me sore and make me feel amazingly relaxed at the same time! I've been wasting so much time cardio-ing and lifting in the gym; who knew?
- Keeping my mouth shut when I have nothing nice to say or nothing to positive to contribute to the conversation. I spent most of my teens and early twenties teaching myself to assert myself and speak up for what I think is right, now it's all about tailoring that trait to know when it's worth it and when it is all for not (spoiler alert for the passive, it's usually not worth it unless you need to speak up to family or your coworkers).
- Stop allowing the actions of others to effect me so. I realize this goes along with "relinquishing control" but I feel it bears repeating this specifically.
- Stop comparing myself to others. The inner monologue in my head would make Perez Hilton cringe, I swear.
- Do a perfect winged liner on every try.
What are your resolutions or ways you feel you can better yourself or your infertility situation/outlook?